Parks are the perfect way to spend some family time together. Kids can enjoy the activities that are available, while parents interact with them. So many memories are made when swinging, and racing to get to the slide. All of San Clemente parks are accessible between 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Best of all, you can enjoy these parks free of charge. A special permit needs to be obtained for any sports organization, clubs, commercial gathering that will have more than 50 people, weddings, or the use of equipment. Reservations can be made by contacting park officials.
There are numerous parks in the San Clemente area. Here are some that you will want to check out.
- Baron Von Willard Dog Park – perfect place to bring your four legged friend for a day of play.
- Bonito Canyon Park – Loads of amenities, which includes baseball/softball field, basketball court, children's playground, water fountain, picnic area, bathrooms and tennis court.
- Courtney’s Sandcastle – Has a children’s playground, water fountain, bathrooms and picnic area.
- Foster Ranch Community Park – Offerings at this park include baseball fields, fire pit, playground, water fountain, soccer field, picnic area, bathrooms, tennis court and volleyball court.
- Leslie Park – This park has a spectacular view of the ocean, which is tranquil for an evening stroll.
- Liberty Park - Offerings at this park include baseball fields, playground, soccer field, picnic area, bathrooms, and tennis court.
- Linda Lane Park - Offerings at this park include fire pits, playground, picnic area, bathrooms and tennis court.
- Marbelhead Inland Park - Offerings at this park include fire pits, playground, picnic area, bathrooms, and tennis court.
- Max Berg Plaza Park – Offerings include fire pits, playground, picnic area, bathrooms and water fountain.
- Mira Costa Park – Offerings include playground and picnic area.
- Parque Del Mar – Offerings include beach, metered parking, ocean view and picnic area.
Other parks in the area include:
- Ralphs Skate Court
- Rancho San Clemente Park
- Richard T. Steed Memorial Park
- San Gorgonio Park
- San Luis Rey Park
- Talega Park
- Tierra Grande Park
- Verde Park
- Vista Bahia Park
There are plenty of parks foun throughout San Clemente and one near just about every neighborhood. If you’re looking to spend time at a park, just pick one close to you and head out for a day of fun in the sun.